Some friendly reminders from the City Council on the importance of adhering to city ordinances. City ordinances are in place to ensure the safety of all residents and to assist in maintaining a vibrant and welcoming community for all citizens. Please be aware of and comply with the following:
• All property within city limits is to be mowed and trimmed in a timely fashion, including weed abatement.
• Abandoned and/or unlicensed vehicles and other personal property cluttering up yards and alleyways is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
• All pets MUST be kept on a leash and/or contained within owners’ property and picked up after.
• Draining of sump pumps into the sewage system is PROHIBITED; all pumps must be drained outside of buildings.
• Houses are required to have a house number in place and be visible from the street – dimensions should be at least two and one-half inches high showing the number of the house per 9-1-1 dispatch specifications .
• All trash MUST be maintained in airtight containers protected against the access of flies, rodents, and other wildlife. Containers are to be kept inside the owners structures except on days of refuse collection.
• Please be considerate of your neighbors by keeping your compost pile orderly and rodent free.
Thank you in advance for your assistance and compliance with these ordinances. Colfax is a beautiful place to live so let’s all do our part to keep it that way!
The City Council meets the third Monday of each month at 7:00pm at the Community Center. All citizens are welcome.
The Colfax City Council
Scott Gauslow, Mayor Tom Wulfekuhle, Council Member Neil Berseth, Council Member
Sue Bowman, City Auditor Jeff Olson, Council Member Jody Lingen, Council Member